Adult Day Service Program – Otsego Haus
Are you a family caregiver in need of help with personal care services for a family member or a break from your caregiving responsibilities?
Our caring staff is ready to provide daytime care for your loved one at our Otsego Haus Adult Day Service Program while you go to work, run errands, do chores, exercise, participate in social activities, and/or just get the rest you need to stay healthy!
Since it was established by the Otsego County Commission on Aging in 2000, the Otsego Haus’ mission has been providing quality care for older adults in a safe, homelike environment. The Otsego Haus is designed to serve older adults who may require supervision, increased social opportunities, and/or assistance with personal care or other activities of daily living. Our experienced, dedicated staff is trained and specializes in the care of persons living with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.
During your family member’s stays, you can rest assured that he or she is safe, secure, and socially engaged in our friendly, home-like facility. At the Otsego Haus, our clients are treated like family!
Your Loved One’s Care Includes
- Supervised, protective environment
- Nurse on duty at all times
- Dedicated and caring professional staff
- Staff trained and specializing in dementia care
- 1-to-3 staff-to-client ratio
- Assistance with medications
- Top quality health monitoring
- Dignified assistance and support with personal-care needs
- Nutritionally-balanced meals and snacks
- Daily recreational therapy and exercise
- Chair Yoga
- Hobbies, such as gardening, stamping, music, and art
- Games and reminiscing
- Discussion groups and educational programs
- Group activities
- Holiday celebrations and birthday parties
- Field trips
Additional Services Available
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Clients need to be age 55 or older.
Our nursing staff will meet with you and your loved one to complete a thorough assessment to determine whether or not Otsego Haus will benefit your loved one.
Yes! Visitors are welcome anytime during business hours.
Otsego Haus Staff
“We have this moment! How do we know that we will have another?
Why not put the very things in it that you’d have in your very last minute?”
~ Author Unknown~