Creating Confident Caregivers
Creating Confident Caregivers (CCC) is an exciting program offered in Gaylord for family caregivers of persons with dementia/memory loss. Statewide, over 1,000 caregivers have participated in the program!
Using the Savvy Caregivers model, Creating Confident Caregivers is a six-session program led by a certified master trainer. This university-tested program provides participants with information, skills, and attitudes to manage stress and to increase effectiveness in caring for loved ones. Because it is part of a federally-funded program, there is no charge to participants for the class or materials; respite care for your family member can be provided free of charge while you attend.
How does the workshop help caregivers?
At Creating Confident Caregivers classes, you will learn about:
- dementia and its effects on the brain
- caregiver resources
- managing behaviors
- improving caregiver skills
- how to handle everyday activities more easily
- taking care of yourself to better care for your loved one
The next Creating Confident Caregivers Workshop will take place as follows:
Date: Wednesdays, August 5, 2020 through September 6, 2020 (6-week workshop)
Time: 6 – 8 p.m.
Cost: This program is FREE to Participants! This program is supported in part by the US Administration on Aging through the Michigan Office of Services to the Aging and the Region 9 Area Agency on Aging and Free to participants.
To register for a Creating Confident Caregivers Workshop, please contact us at (989) 732-1122.
Here’s what caregivers that completed the workshop had to say about it:
- “The information in the class was absolutely invaluable. I can’t thank you enough!” Gaylord Caregiver
- “I really benefitted emotionally. We really shared each other’s heavy load.” Cheboygan Caregiver
- “I learned to accept things as they are and to do my best to take care of my husband for as long as I can…and to ask for help, even for myself, and not feel guilty.” Alpena Caregiver
“May you live all the days of your life.”